Saturday, December 19, 2009

Whats a good mild shampoo for treating guinea pig lice?

I hear lice is easily treatable at home and that should I use flea shampoo formulated for kittens. Can anyone recommend me a good safe shampoo? I plan on taking my pigs to the vet anyway for a checkup.





Also what should I use to disinfect the cage?





thanks.Whats a good mild shampoo for treating guinea pig lice?
DO NOT SHAMPOO YOUR GUINEA FOR LICE, you can give them an overdose and kill them. Go to your vet it is most likely mites. If it is lice this is what you can do...GO TO YOUR VET, they will prescribe advantage and that will get rid of the lice if that is what it is. If it is mites have the vet prescribe ivermetcin to get rid of mites.Whats a good mild shampoo for treating guinea pig lice?
Talk to a vet, don't listen to people online. YOu may poison them if you listen to bad advice.A call tot he vet should get you an answer, though they may want to be sure of what kind of lice/bug it is.
you need to take your guinea pig to the vet. The vet will either prescribe him Ivermectin or Revolution.





Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment